Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cat losing hair ontop of nose?

My cat has been losing hair directly above her nose. Though she doesn't seem irritated by it, and it's not scabbed or anything, I wonder if it's something we should be worried about, or if it's completely normal?



Cat losing hair ontop of nose?

It could possibly be ringworm. Watch to see if it spreads. If it does get some anti fungal cream from the drugstore to rub on it although the cat will more than likely lick the cream off. I had a cat who's hair loss started on his ears and then his nose and it was ringworm. I took him to the vet and he gave me some anti-fungal shampoo and I did rub some cream on him but it was in places that were hard to reach for him. Ringworm is also contagious so be careful. Clean your house to get rid of spores. Ringworm is a fungus and not an actual worm.



Cat losing hair ontop of nose?

she may just be rubing her nose too hard on things.



if it gets worse then go to the vet! but for now you're safe!

1 comment:

  1. My cat has the same thing on her nose. It's been there about 6 months after we found her. She is a street kitten but lives indoors now. It hasn't been there ever since we found her, but she was a only a month old, It hasn't spread throughout her body or anything, but she acts as though it itches, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I am concerned...

    ReplyDelete