Saturday, August 1, 2009

Why's my kitty losing hair?

My 7 month old kitty has been losing his hair, around and on his ears, and his skin is dry and flaky where the hair loss is occurring. He has ear mites so I have been cleaning out his ears with Ear Miticide daily for the past week, but now because of the hair loss I've stopped. Is the hair loss related to me using this product on him, or could it be something more serious? I'm very worried about my poor little kitty.



Why's my kitty losing hair?

Go to a vet,.. it may or may not be related.



Hair loss could be from diet or stress even.



Ear mites should be treated NO more than every other day,.. too sore to be treated daily.



Olive oil or Mineral oil to smother/kill mites, then anti-biotic ointment in ear and ear washes weekly.



Kitty nds. to see vet, proper treatment mites should be gone within a month.



Gd. luck.



Why's my kitty losing hair?

Ear miticide contains aloe vera, which causes hair loss in humans. That might also be the problem!! Hope your kitty is feeling better :) Report It



Why's my kitty losing hair?

I'd go to the vet! Read the instructions on the Ear Miticide, does it say anything about hair loss?



Why's my kitty losing hair?

Don't stop treating the mite problem. This is probably why there is hair loss...the cat is scratching his ears because of the mites and the hair is getting pulled out.



Or



You are getting the medicine on the outside of the ear instead of inside it where it needs to be.



Can you take him to the vet?



Best Wishes to you and kitty!



Why's my kitty losing hair?

Call your vet on Monday morning. It could be from the miticide, allergies, flea bites... your vet will be able to tell. Is he fine otherwise?



Why's my kitty losing hair?

You should see a vet, but it could be allergies this time of year. I have a dog who always seems to lose his hair and is right now actually, and I have to take him to the vet to get an allergy shot! Hopefully that is all your little kitty needs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment