Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My 6yr of cat (Max) has started losing hair all around the back half of his body what could be causi

He is losing hair on the lower belly area, inner back leg area %26amp; a little on the outer of his back legs, his behind area %26amp; around the base if his tail. He has always been an indoor cat. He is short hair. We also have another cat (long haired who appears fine and is older in age) I did recently had to switch their cat food b/c the grocery store was all out of the normal stuff I get, however I did notice the Max was not eating, and was always begging worse than a dog for food, so I switched his food back %26amp; he seems to be eating better again. I would say he started losing hair in Setp/Oct. 2006...I just thought maybe he was itchy from flea's my girlfriends dog brought over..............Someone help please poor Max!!!!!!!!!!



My 6yr of cat (Max) has started losing hair all around the back half of his body what could be causing this???

My cat had a similar problem with licking and pulling her hair in the same pattern as yours, she almost looked like a male lion w/ hair on the front part of her body with barely any on her back half!! and at the time i didnt have any money to take her to the vet so i did some research on the net. what i thought she had was flea allergy dermatitis and this website recommended was Frontline PLUS so i went on e-bay[ it is significantly cheaper to buy on e-bay than the local pet store]. I gave her a bath let het dry then applied the frontline plus between her shoulder blades so she couldnt lick it off and i saw improvement in a few days. I apply this monthly now and she is fine w/ beautiful silky hair on her whole body. If i miss amonth she starts doing it again, so i have to keep up w/ it! I would recommend though since you have another cat and frontline plus is expensive to lock your cat in the bathroom or something for a couple hours or so after you apply the frontline plus cuz the other cat may help her lick it off!!!



My 6yr of cat (Max) has started losing hair all around the back half of his body what could be causing this???

Take him to the vet immediately!



My 6yr of cat (Max) has started losing hair all around the back half of his body what could be causing this???

Try to somehow find a way to get your cat to a vet.



Losing hair something is definitely wrong. It could be a variety of things ranging from mites, lice, or fungal infection. Seperate your cat from any other cats, and place in a room away from people, other animals. I highly doubt this isn't just a case of a allergic.



Your vet would opt for some blood tests to check the cat's thyroid level, kidney and liver function. Regular = every two to three weeks until the cat is regulated and then ideally every four to six months.



Please consult your veterinarian.



Jason Homan

No comments:

Post a Comment