Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

I've been losing alot of hair for about 2 1/2 yrs. but I have no blad spot. It started when I was on this birth control, I stop taking it about a year ago but I'm still losing hair, What could be wrong with me?



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

it could just be your body settling down after you discontinued the birth control.



Categories of Hair Loss



AndroGenetic Alopecia (AGA): This is the most common type of hair loss.



Alopecia Areata (AA): This is a type of hair loss that produces a sudden loss of hair in round irregular patches, where the scalp is not visibly inflamed. The person who suffers from this type of hair loss has no obvious skin disorders or serious disease. This may also be related to stress or auto-immune disease. Alopecia Areata may be confined to a few areas of the scalp and is often reversed in a few months.



Postpartum Alopecia: A temporary scattered hair loss at the end of pregnancy.



Telogen Effluvium: This is where the hair sheds prematurely in the resting or telogen phase, which can be caused by childbirth, shock, side effects of various medications, fever, etc.



Some women also experience sudden hair loss when they discontinue use of birth control pills or follow extreme diets too low in protein. The hair loss is usually reversed once the condition is resolved.



Traction or Traumatic Alopecia: Patchy or scattered hair loss due to the use of hot combs or repetitive traction of the hair by pulling or twisting.



This type of hair loss could also occur after excessive applications of chemical softening agents such as relaxers and permanent waves, especially those that use lye-based perms and colorings. This condition is usually reversed once the trauma is stopped.



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

I hope you find something that helps the bald patch grow back :) Report It



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

THAT WHAT IT JUST MITE BE THE DRUGS YOUR TAKING OVER TIME.OR YOUR JUST HAVING BAD HAIR DAYS.LOL



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

Do you take really hot showers? That could be the reason. Even the type of Shampoo. I would lose a lot of hair in the shower I stared using Head %26amp; Shoulders %26amp; take warm showers %26amp; it got better. Also dont use a harsh brush when brushing your hair wet. It pulls on it.



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

It could also be heredity or the shampoo/ conditioner you use or even washing your hair to much or too little.



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

This is common! We are supposed to lose about 100 strands a day. Even more shedding occurs in the spring months just befor summer's heat begins.



Also. Try not to brush or comb your hair with force!



Do you see the roots on your hair strands? of not then dry and brittle hair may be to blame.



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

Consult your physician. Sometimes a thyroid condition may cause loss of hair or a hormone problem from other sources. You suggested you have taken a birth control substance, therefore, your gynecologist may provide the answer you need. People who have lupus frequently lose their hair. May God Bless You!



Why am I a female losing alot of hair at age 24, but I have no blad spot?

to be honest I had the same problem - I was losing a lot of hair and I could see thin strips of areas where the hair should be and mine was due to stress - so maybe you've got a similar condition. Try to relax and eliminate anything that upsets you or stresses you out too much, also eat healthily and exercise regualrly. You could also buy some great products from health stores which ginuinely work they may be slightly expensive though. I understand that it's an awful situation and you may feel self-conscuios but don't worry there are a lot of treatments out there. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment