Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don'

The cats are my life and I have a kitten and one female 9 year old that are not related and the older one is losing hair badly from the back on the tail and the lower under belly, the kitten had ring worm when he was born and we got rid of that. Now he is tail is near the butt is going bare and both are rough. Please help me I have taken them to a vet and tried tuna, sardines, omega 3 and all types of other things and it has not gotten worse but no sign of better. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME%26gt; I just need like a home remedy or something the vet couldn't even tell me what was wrong just thought it was an allergy but the oldest was 9 and no prior health ailments, this does not make sense. Thanks for anything. Renee



Also use doodlebugg75@aol.com if I don't get back with you fast from my yahoo name.



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

Hi Renee... fur loss could be a result from several possible disorders such as feline miliary dermatitis or Notoedric Mange. Feline miliary dermatitis includes skin fungal (yeast) infections, parasitic infections, autoimmune disorders, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, food sensitivities/allergies to foods they eat (very common) which usually contain the ingredients corn, corn meal, byproducts, etc.



Some cats are also known to lick or bite themselves due to allergies to food or as a result of stress called psychogenic dermatitis. Fleas (even if not visible) can contribute to causing scabbing as well.



You may need a veterinarian who specializes in feline-only veterinary care to help you narrow down the exact cause and provide treatment respectively.



More on feline Miliary dermatitis:



http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?...



Psychogenic dermatitis:



http://www.bobmckee.com/Client%20Info/Sk...



Furthermore, you may like to know about tuna and other seafood and their negative affects on felines: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

You need to go to a different vet and get a second opinion. That type of hair loss on both of the cats is not normal.



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

If gritty it could be flea infestation, the fleas leave this grit on the skin. I have a 14 year old who had awful bald spots, lost a lot of her hair from over-grooming. She is actually allergic to fleas I am told. She went through a checkup and was put on one course of steroids and I changed her food to Purina Naturals Cat food. She looks like a different cat altogether. Her hair is all grown back in and she is so fluffy it's hard to believe how she once looked. All in all, I think keeping her on this Purina Naturals Cat Food is what is keeping her healthy.



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

Well, I've had one cat loose hair from food allergies but not two at the same time.



Are they allowed out or in the attic or basement where them could be getting into something that they are allergic to?



Do you use something other than cat shampoo on them?



If they aren't on them already, put them on the flea drops that you buy from the vet and it will take care of any skin mites or fleas. The drops at the grocery dont work so dont bother.



If it's a food allergy get some frozen ground chicken from the frozen foods department and defrost, brown and add a little salt and water to kitties taste. Then keep in the frig. for the kitties. It's about a dollar a pound and cheaper than canned cat food. Don't give them anything else for a month and if it's an allergy the hair will grow back. There are some things that the chicken lacks like Taurine so you can't do this forever without adding vitamins but it will tell you if it's an allergy.



So i would...



1. Put them on the flea drops for a month and see if hair grows back..



2. Try them on the ground chicken or turkey



You can do both at the same time but you might not know which worked. Good luck!



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

Honestly, i think its fleas, buy some Revolution for cats and use the drops



My cats are losing hair from the tail up and it is gritty what home remedies can I do a vet don't help?

Hi there,



I went through the same thing with my cat amd it turned out to be a food allergy. The only thing that has helped is this special diet sold at the vets called Royal Canin Hypoallergenic HP- It has zeolite which is a clay like ingredient that helps coat the gut wall, it also has high levels of omega 3's, amino acids that help increase skin barrier... I must admit that I fought my vet on this one, I didn't believe that a vet diet was the solution so I tried Evo, Innova, Solid Gold and a few more that I cannot remember, I tried each for 2 months and by the end my cat had oozing sores so I agreed to try this diet... and fortunately my cat healed up within 6 weeks, so I guess that was the solution for my cat.



Keep in mind that every cat is an individual and will respond differently. Once you have ruled out fleas I would try a new diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment