Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

I am a 24 year old man and have lost almost 50% of my hair and I have been losing it since I was 15, my scalp also has a dense layer of dandruff and recently I have noticed that my beard is also whitening. I also look older than I am. This could be because of depression and smoking, I dont drink. The reason for depression could be again because of the same reasons probably from the age of 15. Please recommend some solutions. HELP!



What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

You just answered yourself in your own qustion!!



stress and smoking are major factor!!!



Good luck, I myself smoke at times of stress, I say you should excercise and eat healthy food, It will impede the process!!



What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

I'm 22 and my hair is almost completely gray...



Why do you need us to tell you something you already know? you said it yourself, you are depressed... in my case, the trigger was stress...



so,go to some psychologist, it's nothing to be ashamed of...



What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

A good friend of mine, (22) his hair turned silver and began falling out at the age of 17. He was told by a doctor that it was due to a thyroid problem......a combination of medication for the thyroid problem and hair regrowth treatment has helped him immensely.



What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

sorry guy. i lost my hair at an early age too. it just happens to some people. there are proven methods to inhibit hair loss like rogaine (however you spell it) and such, but i really didn't use them too much. in the end i just started keeping my hair shorter and shorter. of course i would wish to have it still, but i didn't want to constantly fight to try to keep something for the rest of my life, or have my self esteem tied up completely to my hair, especially when i was losing it. i do know that beards will make you look older. try shaving it off to look more youthful. you are only 24. try to seek some help for other possible underlying factors, like the depression you mentioned. a balanced diet also works wonders.



What could be the reason for losing hair and whitening beard at an early age such as 24?

Mrs WC here.



Heredity is a big part of why we lose our hair and get gray. Stress can also cause this. The "dandruff" you have sounds more like a skin condition called seborrhea or seborrheic dermatitis. This requires a selinium sulfide shampoo and washing your hair regularly. Head and shoulders has a selinium sulfide shampoo, use it 3-4 times a week with a regular dandruff shampoo in between. A healthy scalp helps promote hair growth.



I've known many people with depression that have full, glorious heads of hair.



Your best bet would be to consult with a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment