Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm losing a lot of hair. But Don't know why?

When I was little from like 9 to 15 years old, I had a lot of hair. Too much hair actually. And back then no one could do any hair style for me because they said I had too much hair, and it was very long. I recently wanted to grow my hair back because I like long hair :) and I notice I lose more hair then I used to....



It's like a humongous furball.. and I could see/feel my hair slowly getting less and less, but I have no idea why.. Is it because it's long? It wasn't like this before though =\ Anyone have any ideas?



I'm losing a lot of hair. But Don't know why?

Hair needs protein %26amp; moisturizer to grow strong.The best on the market in my opinion is TRI Protein and Moisturizer. Do this treatment three times in a row then follow with unific energy moist you will see results!



I'm losing a lot of hair. But Don't know why?

a few years ago i started losing my hair too but someone pointed out to me that i was too stressed and worried about a lot of things going on in my life. that causes hair to fall out. there may be other reasons why its falling out in your case, ask a doctor.



I'm losing a lot of hair. But Don't know why?

Alot of people don't realize this, but hair loss is generally a very common symptom of depression or related to even mild %26amp; severe stress. I also have very long hair %26amp; have most of my life %26amp; mine does this whenever something traumatic is going on in my life (which unfortunately has been often) The length of your hair doesn't really have much to do with it, it's just more noticeable because you have more of it and it is heavier so it does fall out more often due to the weight. Again, it more than likely is stress related. Have you experienced any traumatic life changes recently or have an overly excessive stressful job, or lost a job, marriage or relationship problems, financial probs, death in family, moved, loss of family member? Any of the biggies in the stress dept. can cause this and it does take longer for the physical stress symptoms to go away before the mental ones even when you think you're over whatever it was you were stressed about.



I have a very high strung sister that seems to be in a constant state of crisis and has been in some form or another for most of her life. I used to live with her when we were young adults %26amp; it was unbelievable how much hair would be in the shower, or in her brush and just everywhere in general! Her hair stays thin still %26amp; is constantly falling out just because she is always so high strung %26amp; stressed out.



Also, it could depend on your age. Woman naturally start to lose hair and it does thin as you age, and generally depends on your menopausal state. If you are either close to starting or post menopausal, this also could be the cause. Not knowing your age, this is difficult to determine. I was already bald when I went thru menopause since my menopause was chemo induced at the drastically young age of 34, so that was one lovely sympton I didn't have to deal with, but I do know for a fact from reading about all the other delightful symptons that go along with it %26amp; from other women I've talked to as they start to go thru this miserable process since most of my friends are just now starting to go thru that phase %26amp; they know I've been there.



Do you have any actual bald spots or is it just thinning? Believe it or not, women can inherit baldness from several generations back (don't freak out, it is usually not to the extent or in the same pattern that men do), but if any of the men in your family have some extent of baldness, that gene is also passed on to females. There are some females that do develop male pattern baldness, or loose their hair completely but I've read that these women have men in their family that loose their hair completely %26amp; very early in life, can develop more serious thinning or bald spots or even become bald themselves.



Another idea: some medications can cause thinning of the hair. If you take any medication on a regular basis, check the side effects on the info sheet the pharmacy gives you or ask the pharmacist. You also might search on-line on one of the medical sites to see what pops up when you google "thinning of hair" or female baldness. If I remember correctly the term is alopecia or something similar. I think "medline" is one of the sites I've researched things on before, but I'm not really sure. Google can help you find one though, I'm sure. But, beware %26amp; take what pops up with a grain of salt. They will list absolutely everything that can cause hair loss %26amp; that certainly doesn't necessarily mean that's what you have, so don't freak out if something serious pops up when/if you do go to one of the medical sites, cause it may kick out something really serious like some form of cancer which just because it says that is a symptom of some horrible disease, doesn't necessarily mean that's what you have. I am actually a 10 year breast cancer survivor %26amp; lost all of my hair due to chemo, not before diagnosis or because of cancer itself. It was down to my butt, but I cut it short before it actually started falling out. But yes it is very messy.



I also have a friend that has had several bouts with Thyroid cancer. Again, I'm not saying that you should think you have cancer! But know that sometimes a Thyroid deficiency or malfunction can cause hair loss and even some simple but severe vitamin deficiencies in general. If you have bottomless pockets of money, and your hair loss is significant, %26amp; your Dr. can't find any reason for it, making an appt. with a nutritionist would be your next step. They actually test your hair to determine what you are deficient in. If you can find a really good one %26amp; can afford the visits (that's not really the expensive part) it's the supplements, these people are amazing %26amp; incredible. I went to one the entire time I was going thru chemo %26amp; as long as I could afford to afterword, I was actually written up in several medical journals due to the program %26amp; supplements she had me on %26amp; how well blood work proved how I would bounce back between chemos %26amp; maintained my stamina during radiation. Besides the few days after a round of chemo, I actually felt better than I ever had in my life (well except maybe when I was pregnant).



Does your head itch? Does it come out in clumps when you pull on it or just handfuls of strands. What part of the country do you live in? People shed just like dogs do %26amp; not just before it gets hot, dogs shed right before it starts getting cold (at least mine do) to get ready to make room for the newer, thicker coat of hair for the winter.



If you have a good relationship with the nurse at your Dr.'s office, why don't you just call them %26amp; ask them if this is a symptom of anything you should be concerned about. Or, if you rule out stress %26amp; your life is just peachy, you might want to consider a scheduling an appt. anyway and have them do a thyroid test. Just at least call %26amp; speak to a nurse %26amp; see if you need to go to the expense to be seen.



I know, I can get pretty wordy when I know alot about something %26amp; I hope you haven't fallen asleep reading all this, but that all of this info has instead helped %26amp; given you some ideas %26amp; directions to pursue %26amp; things to check out.



Good Luck %26amp; I hope you solve the mystery %26amp; it is something as simple as stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment