Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

Hiya, I am getting worried about a sudden hairloss I have been experiencing. Quite a large bald patch has formed at the back of my head (Not the crown), and I can barely cover it up. Hair has also started to drop out in other places on my body.



There are many things going on right now that could be contributing.



I started a new job 8 months ago. I don't feel like I'm getting stressed, although it can get boring sometimes. I am moving jobs in 2 weeks, so the problem might be solved when I move jobs.



Secondly, I have been on a diet since September 2007. I have been supplementing my Breakfast/Lunch with a Milkshake/Bar respectively. I eat fruit every day, 2 litres of water, and an approx. 600 calorie meal at night. In doing this I have currently lost 49 lbs. Before you question this, I was very overweight before, and to reach the correct weight for my height I need to lose another 10lbs. I am definitely intent in continuing on this diet.



I just ran out of space..please give me answers



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

Poor nutrition.



Poor eating can contribute to hair loss. This is why some people with eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia lose their hair: The body isn't getting enough protein, vitamins, and minerals to sustain hair growth. Some teens who are vegetarians also lose their hair if they don't get enough protein from non-meat sources. And some athletes are at higher risk for hair loss because they may be more likely to develop iron-deficiency anemia.



Endocrine (hormonal) conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes or thyroid disease, can interfere with hair production and cause hair loss as well as a number of other things.



Basically your body is screaming at you to take notice, hair production is almost always one of the first things that the body shuts down if it isn't getting what it wants so that the body can focus on more importnant areas of production.



You have done great on your diet so far and I understand that you don't have far to go to reach your goal but it's obvious that your body has reached it's breaking point and needs a rest.



There is never a generic height to weight ratio that everyone should fit in, it has been proven inaffective as is the BMI at measuring a persons correct fitness / what is right for them.



Body fat testing is the only way to go to measure if your percentage is in the 'normal' range.



Take a break babe - hairloss is perminant !



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

You are stressed out buddy. Get a woman!!!



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

Your best bet at this point is to consult a doctor. Maybe get checked for Lyme disease or something.



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

might be normal if its in your genes. the guy that plays george on seinfeld started losing his at 16.



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

Most abnormal hair loss in younger people is caused by one of five conditions: alopecia areata, tinea capitis, traction alopecia, trichotillomania, and telogen effluvium. (Dermatologists love fancy names for their diseases!)



Though hair loss is usually not connected to nutritional deficiency (at least not in the U.S.), perhaps in your case, it might be true because of your diet.



If you have any doubts, you should consult with their physician.



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

May be he is stressed out because of his woman!



Seriously, the hair thing is probably just how you are, it is to do with your chemical make up. It is not something to worry about too much it is not a health issue. You can disguise it by just getting a sensible hair cut.



The weight thing though is a health issue and you can sort that out.



The thing that will affect your employment most is the weight, not the hair.



You can get to a decent weight by



stop eating so much



Exercise properly as part of your normal life.



The you will be fine.



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

It might be stress related but, unfortunately, my own father was bald by the time he was 19. It just could be in your genes. Is your mother's father bald? If so, when did he lose his hair?



Why am I losing my hair at 19? (Male)?

i have the same problem but its not at the back, i have a receding hairline and i get made fun of about it at school, i hate it to so if u find any solution let me know, it crazy it 2008 and still no cure 4 hair loss, i hope they find a cure

No comments:

Post a Comment