Monday, July 27, 2009

My daughter is almost 28 years old and has Down Syndrome. I noticed lately that she is losing her ha

I am getting very concerned about my daughter because she is losing her hair (head) big time lately. I am not a doctor but I almost think I should take her to our family physician and find out what is going on. My daughter will soon be 28 years old and has Down Syndrome. Maybe she needs to take some vitamins because she is lacking something but we always try to feed her healthy food. I can not understand unless the Downs is playing a part in making her age sooner than the rest of us. A response from a medical expert like a kind doctor would be very helpful. Thank you very much.



My daughter is almost 28 years old and has Down Syndrome. I noticed lately that she is losing her hair.?

many people with downs syndrome also have hypothyrodism, which can cause hair loss. This is very common with someone with downs syndrome. You should take her to the doctor and get this checked out. Simple tests can tell you if it is hypothyrodism or not.



My daughter is almost 28 years old and has Down Syndrome. I noticed lately that she is losing her hair.?

Hair loss can be a symptom of many things.



Something could be wrong with her thyroid, malnourishment (lacking something in her diet), high estrogen levels, etc, etc. I suggest you go talk to a doctor so she can get blood tests done to see what could be the cause of her hair loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment