Sunday, July 26, 2009

My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

Her front coat is also kind of clumpy. When I hold some of her hair, it comes out. She seems to be fine, eats well, goes to the bathroom fine.



Could it be just the weather change in Sacramento?



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

Mange - sarcoptic mange... they're little mites that get under the skin... If you go to the vet ask for a dose of Revolution... it kills off, and protects from further occurances of fleas, mange mites, ticks, heart worm, and a couple others I do believe



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

It's normal for cats to do some shedding as they change to their winter coat. If you don't brush your cat often, she will seem to shed a lot when you pet her. As long as she isn't going bald in some places, her fur loss is probably normal.



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

I have seen my friend's cat losing hair in just one spot. Due to over-licking. and licking and cleaning themselves are either stress, their way of de-stressing. Could your cat be stress?



AT some point, one of my cat does that too, and it is becos he was stressed



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

no. that is loosing too much fur for a weather change. plus, isn't it that time of year where they are supposed to start keeping their fur for winter? ok, so it can be something serious and i don't remember what that is (sorry), so take her to your vet asap!!!



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

if it is alot then she may be having an allergic reaction to something. anything new around that she may be getting into? try following her for a day and see if she is getting into insulation somewhere. if you can't find anything then take her to the vet and let him have a look good Luck



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

I had a cat that was losing hair at some point in time and I noticed on her skin she had a few fleas on her. i called my vet and was told that she could have a reaction to a flea bite.i rid her of the flea problem and her hair grew back in just a couple weeks. apparently it was just an allergy to a flea.



My cat is losing hair in clumps. Any ideas what it could be?

My cat did this too.



It was allergies to fleas and the food I was feeding her.



Read the food label, if it contains corn, wheat, any plant material, or if you can't pronounce all the ingredients, consider changing her food.



Read "Foods Pets Die For" by Ann N. Martin for all the gruesome details. You will be shocked and amazed.



Look into Innova EVO (the best in my opinion), California Natural, Artemis, Wellness, and Felidae. All are really good.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment